Logistics and Purchasing Manager
After several years with us, our Andreas is moving back to Norway. We are therefore starting to look for his replacement. This is a fantastic role with a lot of scope to grow and develop across both logistics and purchasing/forecasting of food products from the whole of the Nordic region.
The headline responsibilities in this role include:
- Day to day management of incoming and outgoing logistics (from planning and managing the incoming goods to all outgoing flow, including deliveries with internal and external stakeholders – and manage logistic communication).
- Manage all inventory and product data in our ERP software Netsuite
- Manage supply chain relations with key accounts supply chain and logistics departments
- Day to day management of purchasing and the supply chain
- Forecasting and demand planning for seasonal and all-year ranges
- Plan and place orders in a timely manner to meet forecasted sales levels
- Manage and monitor product pricing and commercial details
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Pre-empt supplier issues and plan contingencies to minimise disruption
- Maintain and develop systems and forecast methods to optimise efficiency and aid business performance
- Non-product stock management
- Brexit surfing (new rules, changes, challenges).
The person we are looking for:
- Solid experience in a similar role, ideally in FMCG short shelf-life goods.
- Educated to degree level+, ideally in a related/relevant field.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills with a wizard-like Excel mind.
- Logic and problem-solving skills but able to think outside the box, too.
- A team player who brings the best to the table for the greater good of the team and the business.
- A multi-tasker with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and drive: we love to have people on our team who have big plans and see opportunities.
Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is a definite advantage, but not essential as you bring solid experience to the table.
A big plus: NetSuite.
Scope to progress: Excellent. Whilst this role is a one-person department at the moment, there is SO much that can be done within it – from optimising purchasing to navigating Brexit regulations and improving all logistics areas. This role is seen as one of the main developing areas inside the business over the next few years.
Salary: Depends on what you bring to the table. We offer a competitive salary and a good package, including private healthcare.
To apply, send an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com