At our café in London we make lunchtime open sandwiches, beautiful salads, meatballs and buns.
Our Elvira, who’s been with us through lockdown, is heading back to her day job in theatre soon, and we’re now looking for her replacement to supervise the day to day Kitchen.
The role of the Kitchen Supervisor is to oversee the daily food production and making sure the whole kitchen runs smoothly and efficiently. It’s a prep kitchen with a large focus on prep and being efficient to be able to give our visitors a really lovely lunch, breakfast and Fika time.
The day-to-day role
- Day to day production of café food (from open sandwiches, salads, cakes etc).
- Supervise small kitchen team.
- Ensure the kitchen is run smoothly and efficiently at all times.
- Manage and plan the catering orders, as needed.
- Ordering from suppliers and oversee stock takes.
- Work with Café Manager Riina to ensure good cost control.
- Oversee all Kitchen health & safety.
- Help with running and develop our upcoming Scandi brunch offering.
The person we’re looking for has the following skills and qualities:
- Experience of working in a kitchen and experience of working in a cafe/restaurant environment. This is essential.
- Some experience in supervising people.
- Knowledge of Scandinavian food and professional kitchen practices.
- Has great ideas and can think creatively.
- Good common sense and logic skills.
- Can think on your feet and work under pressure and stress.
- Good spoken and written English (our working language), ideally also a Nordic language (this is not essential)
- Loves ABBA and early mornings.
Pay in line with experience. The role is full time and starts as soon as we find The One so there is time for Elvira to do a handover.
To apply, please send your CV and an email about yourself and why you want to with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org.