Join Our Growing Team
BE AWAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YOUR LIFE
Since 1852, Hästens Beds has been committed to crafting the best sleep. The skilled craftspeople at our factory in Köping, Sweden, have been refining our work for generations. Every bed is bespoke and made by hand using only the best natural materials. The difference lies in the details and our quest to provide the most restful sleep for people who want to lead a higher quality of life. With operations in 35+ countries and over 200 partners in Europe, Asia and North America, the small family-owned company has grown into a global producer and retailer of premium beds.
Seeking a dynamic and charismatic Sales Associate to help us not only grow our business but also to help grow our brand so that we can bring the best sleep in the world to more and more people.
We are on a mission to improve people’s quality of life and in doing so, we are looking for a Sales Associate for Hästens Beds. As a Sales Associate in our Hästens store in London, you will join and collaborate with a passionate team, driving sales, and creating the best possible environment for customers to experience quality sleep; offering a world-class service in line with our brand’s premium identity.
As Sales Associate, you will become a key ambassador within the community. Think of yourself as hosting an experience and forging relationships rather than transactional encounters. The purchase of a Hästens bed is a lifestyle investment that often entails multiple visits to a store to experience what good sleep actually feels like. The Sales Associate should ensure that customers feel welcome and safe enough to close their eyes and relax into the best sleep of their life. There is an enormous trust placed on the Sales Associate, so it is important to emphasize the sensibility and people-skills of this role. A focus on flawless and efficient after-sell premium client experience is paramount and often yields repeat business and referrals.
In your role as Sales Associate, you will elevate the customer experience, enabling them to make a sound investment and enjoy their bed purchase effortlessly. This stress-free approach will in turn allow customers to be the best version of themselves…EVERY day!
This position will report to the Store Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet and exceed assigned sales targets through active prospecting and contacting potential customers (as well as existing ones)
- Generate consistent monthly sales and aim to exceed goals
- Embody a passion for Hästens and its heritage
- Attract new business by being a genuinely engaging brand-ambassador
- Establish yourself as the “go-to” person for beds and sleeping advice
- Provide exceptional customer service and in-store experiences
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Approach customers with a friendly, open, and approachable presence.
- Display a positive attitude when interacting with co-workers and customers.
- Build a solid working relationship with all clients to encourage repeat purchases.
- Become an expert on Hästens Beds (i.e. history, products, usage, and performance).
- Provide an elevated level of service by actively engaging and educating customers on sleep during the selling process.
- Actively communicate and maintain after-sale service support for all owners of Hästens Beds.
- Reinforce customer service guidelines and goals as outlined by Management.
- Create, schedule, and organize one weekly in-store event to drive traffic to an assigned location.
- Generate new leads outside of the store through networking and cross-branding collaboration.
- Scout, engage, introduce and register interior designer, architects & other trade professional to the Hästens IDP program.
- Use Salesforce CRM & POS to communicate daily with “leads” and “accounts”.
- Log client “activities” daily in Salesforce
- Review all order confirmations to ensure accuracy.
- Enters the COGS on receipt of Order Confirmation in Salesforce.
- Coordinate timely deliveries of all sales orders.
- Effectively handle high-volume sales transactions and serve multiple customers as needed.
- Adequately operate POS System (Salesforce) using various functions such as cash, financing and credit card transactions, shipping and inventory checks.
- Exercise proper cash handling techniques to avoid overages and shortages; assist managers in investigating discrepancies and comply with all legal requirements for payment processing.
- Comply with all Swedish laws and regulations when handling client credit-card and personal financial information.
- Assist with general operations, opening, and closing duties.
- Send “Daily Sales Reports.”
- Processing Sale and Purchase Orders
- Maintain an orderly sales floor through daily cleaning and straightening of merchandise and fixtures while placing the needs of customers first
- Steam/iron and straighten bed linens and restock sales fixtures as needed.
- Utilize good judgment with a focus on control cost/store spending when scheduling and organizing in-store events
- Assist with inventory transfers within a specific inventory category and complete inventory spot checks as needed
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Store Manager
Experience and Requirements:
- Luxury retail sales experience OR similar vertical in high-end sales of exclusive club memberships or luxury real estate
- Cash handling and POS are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree from a highly ranked academic institution
- Sales Salesforce CRM a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English Language is a must
- Work a flexible schedule including 5 to 10-hour shifts during weekends, special events, and openings
- Positive Mindset and openness to fit into Hästens’ Values and Culture
- High energy and stamina (former athletes are some of our best salespeople)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Polished and professional image to align with Hästens’ brand
- A proactive seller who seeks out customers through ongoing outreach and communication
- Must be passionate about excellence in the workplace and “getting it right the first time”
Hästens Beds is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity.
Compensation & Benefits:
Featured Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits program
Competitive Salary + Commission